- RESPECT, EFFORT & FRIENDLINESS
- Professional, fun and expressive dance!
- The creative voice of young people in our community.
- Diversity in, and access to, high quality dance experiences for young people.
- Dance as an artform that provides the opportunity to develop an understanding of place, self and community, creating a sense of connectedness through expressing ideas, thoughts & emotions in a physically active and healthy way.
- SAFE Dance practice as described and developed by Ausdance National’s safe dance guidelines.
- A responsive approach to the development of our programs, listening to feedback from our participants to move forward.
Dance ARC PROGRAMS
Got a question? Follow this link to contact us. https://goo.gl/forms/bIUAb6O4m4ewrinh1
Dance ARC – Concert 2017 – Nov 12th 11am & 5pm
Tickets are now onsale for our end of year concert. Follow this link to buy your tickets. http://burrinja.org.au/burrinja-whats-on/what-s-on-all-events#danceARC
NEW IN 2018 – Dance ARC will be able to offer Ballet exams in the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet syllabus.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEKLY CLASSES
Dance ARC offers weekly classes in Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop & Singing for all ages and experience levels. We have two streams in the skills development program, Dance for Dance & Dance for Concert. Dance for Dance are technique classes in a variety of styles that are not leading to a concert. Dance for Concert are classes in all styles that culminate in an end of year concert.
This is part of our responsive approach to providing dance to our community. Dance ARC will organise one off, or short series workshops in particular styles and skill sets as requested by our community or as opportunity presents. For example this year we have had tumbling workshops from RUCCIS and will have masterclasses with professional artists as they travel through Melbourne.
DANCE Loops #
Dance Loops are school holiday programs that focus the passion and energy of young dancers to create, share and push their movement boundaries in a safe and encouraging environment. Designed to deliver a microcosm of the creative process, from idea to performance, students will learn new skills, hone the ones they already have and share in making high quality & age appropriate dance for an informal performance to parents and invited guests.
Youth in Motion Performance Ensemble will be a youth dance company based in the Yarra Ranges working on a project basis to bring professional choreographers to work with young people in the community on new and exciting performance projects with themes relevant to this place!!!!