- RESPECT, EFFORT & FRIENDLINESS
- Professional, fun and expressive dance!
- The creative voice of young people in our community.
- Diversity in, and access to, high quality dance experiences for young people.
- Dance as an artform that provides the opportunity for young people to create community, feel connected and express their ideas in a physically active and healthy way.
- SAFE Dance practice as described and developed by Ausdance National’s safe dance guidelines.
- A responsive approach to the development of our programs, listening to feedback from our participants to move forward.
Dance ARC offers weekly classes in Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop & Singing for all ages and experience levels. Find out more about our SCHEDULE & FEES HERE.
ENROLMENT ENQUIRY CLICK HERE! (Claim your free trial class)
If you wish to participate in the end of year concert;
● You must come to classes on Fridays and/or Saturdays.
● You must commit to an 80% attendance rate.
● You must be available for extra rehearsals towards the end of the year.
Extra Costs: Costumes will be hired at $35 per costume. Theatre rehearsal fee: $10 per student. (Term 4 only) Concert Tickets: $29 adult, $20 child/student/pensioner
Dance ARC will be offering ballet classes and exams in the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet syllabus in 2018. This syllabus is a training program based on the Russian Vaganova method & devised by former Australian Ballet dancer Christine Walsh, to cater for all ages. It is recognised internationally as a quality training system and we are very excited to be beginning our journey with ACB.
To do your exams in 2018 you need to;
● Have an 80% attendance record.
● Attend Saturday ballet classes year round and the additional exam classes on Wednesdays in Term 2 & 3. There will also be an optional Wed ballet class in term 1. Attendance in term 1 is highly recommended but not compulsory.
Extra Costs: One off $150 exam fee. (Charged Term 1)
This is part of our responsive approach to providing dance to our community. Dance ARC will organise one off, or short series workshops in particular styles and skill sets as requested by our community or as opportunity presents. For example this year we have had tumbling workshops from RUCCIS and will have masterclasses with professional artists as they travel through Melbourne.
DANCE Loops #
DANCE LOOPS are school holiday programs that focus the passion and energy of young dancers to create, share and push their movement boundaries in a safe and encouraging environment. Designed to deliver a microcosm of the creative process, from idea to performance, students will learn new skills, hone the ones they already have and share in making high quality & age appropriate dance for an informal performance to parents and invited guests.
Youth in Motion Performance Ensemble will be a youth dance company based in the Yarra Ranges working on a project basis to bring professional choreographers to work with young people in the community on new and exciting performance projects with themes relevant to this place!!!!